Thursday, September 3, 2009

August 2009 - Seth's Acceptance Day

My mom, Sara, and I were able to make a quick trip to Colorado to visit Seth for Acceptance Day. It is the day that they are officially done with basic training and are part of a squadron (I think?). Anyway the three of us surprised him. He had no idea that we were coming. He was most surprised to see me as he knew that I was crazy busy with work and such. Because we flew in on Tuesday and flew out on Wednesday night I was able to make it. They do a parade and march around the field and are presented to the "Big Wig" not sure what his title is. . . Commander or something like that. They had their backs turned to the audience pretty much the entire time and so he didn't see us until we came on the field after the whole thing was over. He had a big smile on his face and was excited to see us. Because he wasn't expecting to see us, he had quite a few tasks planned for that afternoon. So the 2 or 3 hours that we had with him we were busy running around campus. We picked up his books for classes, got some pants from the tailor and went and spoke to some professors as well. We didn't even have time to eat the lunch that we brought him. We left the lunch in his dormitory and wished him good luck! Here are a few pictures from the fun adventure:

My mother, armed with her camera, anxiously waiting for Seth to come on the field. It was a little sunny that day and my mother tried to offer us umbrellas but of course I declined. Sara used it and didn't get sunburned, but the left side of my body got a little burnt from the Colorado sun.

















Where's Seth?
















Getting his shoulder things (I don't know what they're called!)
































Mother and son united again. . .
















Hey there's me! I was very excited to see my brother in his uniform and marching around.
















There we all are.
















As we were walking around campus I made Seth stop so that I could take a picture of him. In the background is the chapel that is on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment